Advantages of sightseeing with a guide
- You learn more : a guide can explain absolutely EVERYTHING about the places you visit.
- It is safer : the guide knows perfectly where to take you and will not expose you to possible dangers. In more unstable countries it may be a point to take into account.
- You meet people : if you share a guided tour you meet people similar to your tastes and interests. Regardless of whether you make your trip
Disadvantages of Hiring a Tour Guide
- Extra expenses : obviously hiring an excursion or guided tour means spending more money.
- You can’t go to your ball : you can’t take your time, you have to follow the guide’s instructions.
If you have already decided to hire a tour guide to do some excursion or activity, now you have to know if you hire him before traveling or directly at the destination.
Book excursions before the trip or once you are there?
Before the trip…
- Having scheduled everything from home, you don’t waste extra time on your vacation.
- You avoid the risk of running out of the activity or excursion you want to do.
- If you hire a guided excursion from the place of origin, the offer is greater (you have more options). Mainly for one reason, the anticipation.
- If you already have a scheduled activity, you cannot change plans at the last minute. If you do, you will likely lose the money you have already spent.
- If you are staying in a resort with all the amenities, it may cost you a little more to go out and see the world. It can make you a bit lazy.
- Hiring the excursions from the place of origin is usually more expensive. If you want to save this is not the best option.
During the trip
- You have freedom to go doing as you go. In addition, you can better predict the weather.
- More adventure. Not having everything completely planned adds another point of excitement to your trip.
- If you search well among the different local agencies that organize excursions, it can be cheaper.
- You waste more time having to search for agencies. And vacation time is gold.
- It is likely that you will no longer find Spanish-speaking guides if you have not previously hired them.
- Availability is lower. Most groups are already closed and there are few places left.